WordPress works great out of the box, but there are always ways to improve it to give yourself a faster, leaner site.
This is particularly important if you run a site that has large amounts of traffic, or which is prone to traffic spikes. Check out our 20 top tips for optimizing your WordPress website.
2. Always keep up with the latest WordPress version. This will ensure that your site will run at its optimal performance and remain secure.
3. Keep your plugins and themes updated to the latest version. This will keep your site fast and secure.
4. Use a good, well-coded theme. Valid HTML is really important for page speed and SEO rankings so make sure your theme looks as good under the hood as it does out front.
5. Make sure any plugins that you are not using are deactivated – this will prevent them from loading when your site loads.
6. Be selective in your choice of plugins. Some will have a major load on your database – ask yourself if you really need it.
7. Keep your database optimized to reduce overhead. If you’re afraid of phpMyAdmin try the OptimizeDB plugin.
8. Use a good hosting company. Nothing slows your site down like bad hosting. We are using Media Temple hosting, and we are constantly impressed with them. Also, you could try out to use WP Shout’s hosting review for guidance on shared hosting.
9. Backup your database at least once a day. You can use the WP-DB Manager plugin to take care of this for you.
10. Backup your website once a day. Try XCloner or use Backup to Dropbox to backup your website to your Dropbox folder.
13. Compress images to improve load times on your site. Try WP-Smush it for automatic image compresion.
14. Combine and minify JS and CSS. W3 Total Cache takes care of this, or you can use Better WordPress Minify.
16. Delete post revisions and spam comments. These add to the load on your database.
17. Use GZip for additional speed and compression.
19. Display load time and number of queries to see how well your WordPress website is performing.
20. When using Google Analytics use the asynchronous code snippet. This will prevent your page from bottlenecking as it tries to load Google Analytics.
We at Themes Kingdom are a small group of Knights working hard round the table and the clock to make awesome WordPress Themes. Our themes are simple to use and easy to customize. You can soon have your own professional looking website for all to see.view our themes