Go to Themes Kingdom Documentation home →
WordPress is well-known for its ease of installation. Under most circumstances, installing WordPress is a very simple process and takes less then five minutes to complete. Many web hosts now offer tools to automatically install WordPress for you. However, we strongly recommend that you install WordPress yourself, the following guide will help http://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress.
Theme can be installed in two different ways:
- Installing through WordPress
- The Traditional installation using FTP client
Installing through WordPress
Installing a theme through WordPress is quite easy and it will take only few minutes of your time. First thing you need to do is to access your wordpress admin panel, after you’re done with that navigate to Appearance / Themes. Click on the Install Themes tab and then Upload from the navigational bar right below it. After that, go to the Choose File button, find appix.zip and click Install Now. Appix theme is now successfully installed, all you have to do now is to activate it.
Very important note if you bought the theme from Themeforest: Please do not upload the whole file you downloaded, make sure that you locate appix.zip file inside the main file you have downloaded.
The Traditional installation using FTP client
First things first, you will need an FTP client (example FileZilla which is free, easy to use and it works on Windows, Mac and Linux) to access your web host server. Now that you have access to your wordpress installation files simply transfer your unzipped theme to your server in the ..wp-content/themes/. The only thing left to do after that is activating the theme, to do that go to your wordpress admin panel and navigate to Appearance / Themes, search for Appix and click “Activate” right below it.
Very important note if you bought the theme from Themeforest: Please do not transfer the whole file you downloaded, make sure that you locate appix.zip file inside the main file you have downloaded.
For more detailed explanation on how to install themes, visit this link.
There are several things you have to do in order to have fully functional theme.
Access your wordpress admin panel and go Pages > Add New. Here you will create your “Home” page.
After that, go to Settings / Reading and set the theme to display static page. Then select “Home” page as your front page.
Next important thing to do is setting your permalinks. Go to Setting / Permalinks and under Common Settings set “Post name”.
When you are done with setting permalinks, Go to Pages / Add New and create pages with templates you wish to use.
We will talk more about Pages and Page Templates later on.
Importing Demo Content
If you want your site to look like our Demo version all you have to do is import demo content. Downloading XML file is quite easy, just follow this link to your account on Themes Kingdom website and click on the “XML” icon to download demo files.
Here is a step by step explanation on how to import demo content:
- Login into your wordpress admin panel.
- Go to Tools / Import.
- Click on the WordPress, install the plugin if you don’t already have it.
- When the plugin is opened click on the “Choose File” button.
- Select XML file you previously downloaded.
- Select authors to assign to posts. You may choose an existing author or create a new one.
- WordPress will then import each of the posts, pages, custom post types, comments, and categories contained in our demo version.
- Done! Very important thing to do after you are done with importing demo content is updating menus. To do that go to Appearance / Menus and under the Menu Settings in the bottom of the page check “Primary Menu”, then click Save Menu button to save changes (We will talk more about menus in the next chapter).
For more detailed explanation on how to Import demo content, visit this link.
This is the place where you create menus. Like many other themes, this one uses wordpress built in menus feature. To find it login into your wordpress admin panel and navigate to Appearance / Menus. In the following screenshot you will find instructions how to create navigation for your website.
- Click on “create new menu” to add new menu.
- Here you should define a name for your menu, after that click on the Create Menu button right next to it.
- Select pages you want to add to your menu. When you are done with selecting pages, click on “Add to menu” button below. You can also add custom links, posts, categories etc. as you can see in the panels below.
- Don’t forget to save changes after adding any of the elements, to do that click on the “Save Menu” button.
- If you want to customize or delete menu item, click on the arrow icon in the top right corner of the menu box to expand it. Inside you will find:
This menu editor allows you to create multi-level menus. To do that simply hold your left mouse button and drag desired menu items left or right. Dragging menu items slightly to the right will make them sub-menus for the menu item that is above them. You can also change the order of appearance of menu items by dragging them up or down. Remember to save the changes when you are done with editing (No4).
Set “Primary Menu” check box to checked if you want this to be your primary menu.
- Navigational Label This field represents title of menu item that the visitors of your site will see.
- Title Attribute is an alternative text. This text will be displayed when you mouse over this menu item.
- To delete menu item, click on Remove
Widgets are used to add content and features to your sidebar and footer. There are default wordpress widgets and and custom widgets that come with the theme. Adding and removing widgets is quite easy, just follow the instructions below:
- Login into your wordpress admin panel and navigate to Appearance / Widgets.
- Choose a widget you would like to use, and drag it into the sidebar to right (shown in No3). Widgets will become active after a page refresh.
- Widget area where you place desired widgets.
- You can add, remove or customize widgets in widget areas. To do that click on the arrow icon in the top right corner of the widget box to expand it. You can also change the order of appearance by simply dragging widgets up and down.
- When you are done with customisation click on the “Save” button to save the changes.
Appix theme has custom settings admin panel which allows you to customize the theme and set different features to it. Login into your wordpress admin panel and navigate to Appix Theme and you will see nine different tabs:
Here we will explain each of the tabs and all their features.
Homepage tab allows you to set logo and featured boxes on home page.
- Upload main logo image.
- Upload featured box one image.
- Insert featured box one heading.
- Insert featured box one content.
- Upload featured box two image.
- Insert featured box two heading.
- Insert featured box two content.
Featured slideshow tab allows you select a category whose posts will be displayed in a slider on home page.
- Select category whose posts will be displayed in the slider.
- Upload slider background.
- Select transition effect between slides.
In blog tab you can set which posts will be displayed on a blog page.
- Insert URL to your Facebook profile or group.
- Insert Twitter username.
- Insert twitter consumer secret.
- Insert twitter consumer key.
- Insert twitter access token.
- Insert twitter access token secret.
You can find all the instructions how to setup twitter here
Call To Action
In call to action tab you can set text and button for the call to action.
- Insert call to action text that will be displayed next to the button.
- Insert call to action button text.
- Insert call to action button link.
In misc tab you can set which posts will be displayed on a blog page.
- Check box next to categories whose posts you want to show on blog page.
- Insert left button text.
- Insert left button link.
- Insert right button text.
- Insert right button link.
In testimonials tab you can edit two testimonials that will be displayed on all pages.
- Upload testimonial one image.
- Insert testimonial one name.
- Insert testimonial one position.
- Insert testimonial one twitter account.
- Insert testimonial one facebook account.
- Insert testimonial one text.
- Upload testimonial two image.
- Insert testimonial two name.
- Insert testimonial two position.
- Insert testimonial two twitter account.
- Insert testimonial two facebook account.
- Insert testimonial two text.
In project page tab you can set which posts will be displayed on a projects page.
- Check box next to categories whose posts you want to show on projects page.
In contact page tab you can insert text that will be displayed above contact form.
- Insert text that will be displayed above contact form.
In contact section you can change error and notification messages.
- Footer Copyright Text: Text that will be displayed in the footer.
- Insert footer message.
- Insert footer message title.
- Upload footer logo image.
Pages are for content such as “About,” “Contact,” etc. Pages live outside of the normal blog chronology, and are often used to present timeless information about yourself or your site — information that is always applicable. You can use Pages to organize and manage any content.
- Page title.
- Page content.
- Page templates: Appix theme includes several different page templates. Page templates are used to display custom post types such as events, team members and so on.
Appix options. Insert keywords to improve page SEO (Search Engine Optimization).
When you are done with customizing click on the Publish button to publish your page.
- Default page template. Multipurpose, without special properties.
- Blog page template is used to display all blog posts in chronological listing.
- Contact page template is page with contact form and map. Used to display necessary contact information.
- Full width page will show page without sidebar.
- Home page template will show slider, featured boxes and so on.
- Projects page template will show all projects.
Posts are the entries that display in reverse chronological order on your blog page.
- Post title.
- Post content.
- Each post in wordpress is filed under one or more categories. This aids in navigation and allows posts to be grouped with others of similar content
- Add tags to your post.
- Set featured image. Featured image will be used as cover image.
- Appix options. Insert keywords to improve page SEO (Search Engine Optimization).
- When you are done with customizing click on the Publish button to publish your post.
If you need additional assistance for this theme, please submit a ticket to our support system.